- The Sapwood is usually creamy white w/ a reddish tinge.
- Sizes available:
- 4/4, 6/4, 8/4
- Mechanical Properties:
- Janka side hardness 1450. Movement: Tangential 5%, Radial 2.5%
- Working Properties:
- Moderately difficult to work w/ hard on machine tools. It has a moderate blunting effect on machine tools. Glues well.
- Sapwood is liable to attack by the common furniture beetle.
- A timber with good strength properties and resitance to wear. An excellent flooring material, used in commercial, industrial, and residential installations.
The preceding information comes from “Tropical Timbers of the World”, United States Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Agriculture Handbook Number 607, September 1984. Martin Chudnoff, Forest Products Technologist (retired), Forest Products Laboratory, Madison, Wis.